Date(s) - 01/03/2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Our vision is to bring together diverse perspectives on AI from multiple corners of campus and industry to bridge the gap between mostly technical students who focus their efforts on understanding the underlying machinery of AI/ML, others who only know the cliches of killer robots, mass unemployment or utopia, etc.
We want to break past the clichés and technical details, and help all people to start thinking about AI in a more comprehensive, nuanced, and thoughtful way, preparing effective and responsible future leaders. We also intend for this to be a useful networking platform for interaction between students and professionals. This event will consist of multiple speakers with diverse backgrounds in AI/ML as well as opportunities for attendees to speak with representatives from AI-based companies from startups to major tech firms.
Lunch is included and there will be a happy hour at the conclusion of the event.
Preliminary list of speakers include:
- Ken Goldberg – Artist, investor, and UC Berkeley Professor focusing on robotics
- Moritz Hardt – Thought leader on bias in AI and co-founder of the Fairness, Accountability and Transparency in Machine Learning conference
- Dinkar Jain – Head of Machine Learning at Facebook Ads
- Michael Jordan – Pioneer in AI, Director of UC Berkeley’s AMPLab and faculty at Berkeley Artificial Intelligence Research
- Harini Sridharan – Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer at Sturfee
- Caroline Winnett – Executive Director of Berkeley SkyDeck, UC Berkeley’s premier startup accelerator
- More to come!