Date(s) - 06/03/2019 - 07/03/2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
This two-day course provides a highly practical training on Hyperledger Fabric with 50% of lab exercises and 50% of theory lectures. You will become proficient in enterprise blockchain and fully armed to configure, set up, and manage the application life cycle. By the end of the course, you will have a DApp with a universal configuration deployed on your working station with a basic chaincode and the REST API.
2 days (8 hrs per day).
- Permissioned access and authority management: Membership Service Provider and Certificate Authority
- Configuring the network and the distributed ordering service
- Automated deployment of the multi-host Hyperledger Fabric with the Solo orderer and a Kafka cluster
- Application lifecycle management
- Practice with PoCs developed for popular use cases—supply chain, over-the-counter trading— to learn how business logic is implemented in the chaincode
- Covering the questions for the Hyperledger Fabric Administrator certification exam
Who should attend
- Developers writing chaincode in Golang/Java/Node.js
- DevOps engineers deploying and operating DApps on the cloud-based infrastructure
- Everyone who wants to be prepared for the Certified Hyperledger Fabric Administrator exam
Prerequisites and skills
All attendees work on their laptops with:
- Local installation of Ubuntu 16; 64-bit (dual boot or virtual)
- Docker, Docker-compose, Go v1.8 or higher
- An IDE with Go support: Eclipse, VSCode, JetBrains
Basic understanding of PKI and Docker
Day 1. (Theory)
- Intro to the blockchain technology
- Public and private blockchains
- The Hyperledger Project and an overview of its core frameworks
Hyperledger Fabric concept and fundamentals
- An architecture, a consensus mechanism, and a transaction flow
- Fabric CA and Membership Service Provider (MSP)
- Anatomy of configuration files and crypto material
- Smart contracts (chaincode)
Application life cycle management
- Chaincode installation and instantiation
- Endorsement policy configuration and change
- Management of private data collections
- Chaincode modification or upgrade
Day 2. (Practice)
Hyperledger Fabric configuration and deployment automation
- Designing an enterprise solution based on Fabric
- Setting up a Hyperledger Fabric network in a developer mode (on a single host)
- Multi-host Fabric Starter with the Solo-Orderer and a Kafka cluster
Use CLI commands to manage the dApp running on Fabric
- Customizing the application
- Reconfiguring the network: adding a new channel and chaincode
- Adding new Organizations to the channel
- Troubleshooting the network: analyzing peer logs
Practice with PoCs and learn about the chaincode logic
- Supply chain management: assets origin and transfer
- OTC trading platform: peer-to-peer direct deals
Practical advice: How to start a corporate blockchain project
- Prototyping the distributed ledger(s) for each channel
- Defining the sources of all types of the data
- Drawing the diagrams of all business processes: the Actors, and how they are supposed to interact with the ledger(s)
- Describing algorithms for the chaincode for each channel
About the Trainer:
Vitaliy Chernov, Blockchain Business Trainer
Vitaliy has an engineering background in Electronics and holds MBA degree majoring in Finance from Manchester Business School. His career started in banking: trading in capital markets helped him accumulate knowledge of financial instruments and trading systems. Later on, Vitaliy focused on FinTech solutions and enterprise processes automation in various industries: consumer goods production, telecommunications, retail, and real estate development.
With the emergence of blockchain technology, Vitaliy has realized new potential of the DLT for enterprises. He works as a Project Manager applying Hyperledger frameworks to enterprise blockchain solutions in finance, manufacturing and healthcare industries.
Am I a good fit? You need some knowledge of Golang or Java: know syntax, control flow. Blockchain experience is nice to have, but not required.
Can I pay by invoice? Please send details at email@example.com: full name, number of tickets, your address or your company’s address (if the invoice is paid by the company).
! Please note the training is contingent upon having 7 attendees. If we don’t have enough tickets sold, we will cancel the training and refund your money one week prior to the training.Thanks for the understanding.
Help us spread the word
We’ll love you forever if you share this event with your friends or colleagues who might be interested!
About the Organizer:
Altoros is a digital transformation consultancy that has built a reputation in blockchain space. We are an active member of Hyperledger project, contributing expertise of our engineers.
We have built a number of blockchain application prototypes for insurance and financial services clients and conducted technical training on Hyperledger Fabric 0.6 for a large financial services corporation, as well as a number of blockchain workshops for executives in (Re)Insurance, Lending & Securitization field.