Date(s) - 07/09/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thinking about a new career in software development? Start here! In this one-day workshop, you’ll get a taste of a day in the life of a software developer.
Code 101 helps you learn what it’s like to be a software developer through a day-long immersive course for beginners that focuses on front-end web development technologies. Get a taste of the Code Fellows learning experience, find out how websites are built, and code a webpage yourself using professional coding practices.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of what it means to be a professional software developer.
- Understand how HTML and CSS work together to create the modern web.
- Create a complete website.
- Know how to deploy your website and be able to share your accomplishments with friends and family.
- Be able to identify whether a career in coding and the Code Fellows program is right for you.
The Modern Web
- How the pieces work together
- Structuring your information
- Connecting web pages
- Sharing your web site
- Integrating style sheets
- Modifying CSS styles
The Tech Industry
- A typical day for a software developer
- Common job titles
- The path to becoming a web or mobile developer