Date(s) - 16/05/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Nate Holden Performing Arts Center
A different type of conference for those who think differently.
Not business as usual.
Calling all business minded professionals, founders, students and stakeholders in South Los Angeles. Urban Tech Connect is the premier conference for the next generation of tech entrepreneurs to connect, collaborate, create and receive counsel. It’s a day of empowerment. It’s a way to get plugged in. And it’s an opportunity to show the world that it’s all right here. Come join the largest gathering in SOCAL of African American and Latino Founders as they show you how to:
- Fine tune your strategy for fundraising
- Target angels and VCs to raise money
- Overcome your fears and insecurities as a founder of color
- Develop your go to market strategy
- Think about opportunities in automation and how they might impact your business
- Keep it moving even when the odds are against you
- Vet alternative options to raising funds for your business
- Develop tactics and strategies for product growth
You will meet:
- Angles, VCs, & Successful Entrepreneurs
- Professional resources (Banking partners, Legal advice, Incubators / Accelerator directors)
- Other Founders and Executives that make up LA’s tech and digital media ecosystem
- City Officials, Non-Profit and Philanthropic stakeholders in Los Angeles who want to see more diverse faces in LA’s innovation economy
Organizer: Plug In South Los Angeles
Admission Fee: $75-$150
Venue: Nate Holding Performance Arts Theatre
Address: 4708 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016.
9:00 am – 10:00 am – Registration and Co-Working Attendees and partners are welcome to work on site in the morning & schedule meetings around the conference.
10:00 am – 11:55 am – Entrepreneurs & Founders attending the conference have an opportunity to meet Venture Capitalists during office hours (Office hours for mentoring and support)
10:00 am – 11:55 am – Opportunities in Tech for Gen Z (Tech Futures)
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm – Power Lunch
1:00 pm – Opening Remarks (main stage opens)
1:30 pm – 4:30 pm (Talks, panels, Fireside Chats)
4:30 pm – Closing Keynote
4:45 pm – Closing Remarks
Who should attend:
Founders, VCs, Angels, Technologist, Executives in tech and digital media, City of LA Stakeholders, Philanthropic Leaders