Date(s) - 07/03/2019
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Come and discover some of the great roles available for young women in Technology in our technology careers event.
This event is FREE to all and aimed at young women aged 14-18 years old, their teachers and parents/guardians.
The tech industry is developing quickly, and there are thousands of creative, inspiring and highly paid opportunities for women. At this event, you will be able to meet and question industry experts and meet some of the great employers who are keen to encourage more women to begin their career in technology.
Areas of discussion:
- Learn all about the different roles in the tech industry
- University? Apprenticeship? Job? Find out the best ways to launch your tech career
- Meet technology employers and learn about the opportunities they offer
- Get inspired by successful women currently working within technology
- Question our panel of experts.
So whether you might be interested in coding, web design, cybersecurity, data analysis, digital marketing, tech support and infrastructure just curious about what a tech career can offer – join us to find out more.
- 9:00 to 9:45 am – light refreshments, tea, coffee and breakfast
- 9:45 am – Introduction to the morning
- 9:50 to 10:00 – Overview of the IT sector by Kerry Angel – Service Delivery Manager Macfarlanes LLP
- 10:00 to 10:45 – Panel discussion with 5 female managers from leading employers such as TFL, Macfarlanes, Service Now, Crossfuze and Salesforce
- 10.45 to 11:30 am – Networking with Employers and Careers Advisers
You can submit questions or request further information by contacting:
Andy Gardner email@example.com or Richard Lambden firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Teacher or Careers Adviser bringing a group, we will ask you to send us a list of names before the event.